If you are on a weight loss journey, then incorporating cardio into your daily routine could be beneficial. Not only will it be beneficial for your body but, exercise and cardio can reduce your stress levels! In this article, we will discuss all things cardio and provide you with some at-home cardio exercises for weight loss.
What is the Best Cardio Exercise to Lose Weight?
So, is there one cardio exercise that will melt away the stubborn fat that you’ve been trying to lose? The answer is, no not really. As with all things in weight loss, there is no magic formula, pill, or exercise that will change everything. To effectively lose weight, one needs to change one’s entire lifestyle and remain consistent in those changes. One of the changes that will help you on your weight loss journey is to include cardio in your daily life. As consistency is key, the best cardio exercise for weight loss is the one you enjoy most. If you enjoy your cardio you will be more likely to stick to it and include it in your life on a daily basis!
Cardio Exercises for Weight Loss at Home
There are a multitude of cardio exercises to choose from that can be performed in the comfort of your own home. All you have to do is try each of them out to see which one suits you best! Some cardio exercises you can do at home include:
- Running or Jogging: If you live in an area where you feel safe going for a jog or a run then this is a fantastic way to reconnect with nature and get some cardio in. However, you can also opt to run or jog in place. You can do this anywhere in your home. When starting out you can run or jog in place for 1 to 2 minutes and gradually increase the length of time as you increase your fitness level.
- Jumping Rope: All you need is a jumping rope and you’re good to go. This is an excellent way to get your cardio in and it will definitely be a little nostalgic. Remember how fun jumping rope used to be as a kid? With this exercise, you can start with 30-60 second sessions and increase the time with the improvement of your stamina.
- Burpees: If you’re looking for an exercise that will build some muscle and fill your cardio exercise quota for the day, then burpees are for you. With this exercise, you will have to lift your own body weight and do so repetitively, which will provide you with the cardio element.
- Jumping Jacks: Good old jumping jacks. This classic cardio excise is very effective and will definitely make a difference to your health. They will also work your entire body and to start you only need to do 20 to 30 reps.
- High Knees: This exercise can be described as an elevated and more challenging version of jogging and running in place. Ultimately you jog or run in place but lift your knees all the way up to your chest. You can start by completing 20 to 30 reps.
- Mountain Climbers: While mountain climbers might not seem like a cardio workout they definitely are! They also work on your core as you will be in a plank position throughout the exercise. One can also start on 20 to 30 reps with this exercise.
- Dancing: If you are looking for fun then dancing should be your go-to cardio exercise. There are many online dancing classes that can be found on YouTube with which you can follow along! While this excise requires more time it is extremely fun and you will find yourself wishing you could do it for longer!
Pair Cardio Exercises for Weight Loss With Healthy Eating
While you might have found the perfect at-home cardio exercise, it won’t do much if you don’t change your diet to be more healthy. Slender Wonder specialises in helping people lose weight in a way that is sustainable! We can help you develop a meal plan that is both healthy and satisfying.
Contact Slender Wonder to find out more about how you can become a healthier version of yourself today!