Protein shakes can be a convenient and highly beneficial addition to your weight loss journey. If you are looking at lowering your calorie intake while still maintaining or gaining muscle, these weight-loss shakes could be the answer. Not only are they easy to mix and great tasting, but they also aid in reducing appetite. They do this by giving your metabolism a healthy boost and leaving you feeling fuller for longer.
As with any healthy diet plan, the best protein shake diets are balanced by the addition of other healthy, nutrient-dense, and low-calorie foods between shakes. Examples include vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, and lean protein. Most protein shakes are also packed with a variety of essential vitamins and minerals. Speaking to a doctor or registered dietitian about your weight goals will help determine what type of shake will be best for you in combination with a healthy diet and exercise.
Things to Keep in Mind When Following a Protein Shake Diet
- Replacing every meal or most meals with a protein shake is not recommended, as it is not sustainable in the long run. You can drink protein shakes to supplement necessary nutrients, not to supplement healthy meals.
- Keep a healthy balance by limiting your daily protein shake intake to one or two per day over a short period of time.
- When choosing your favourite flavour shake, check the amount of sweetener added, as this may cause blood sugar spikes. Choose a shake that keeps blood sugar levels consistent.
- Keep your end goal in mind. If you are trying to lose weight, you will typically drink your shake at a different time than someone who is trying to build muscle.
- Remember to speak to a professional to ensure that you use the correct protein powder for your lifestyle and your exact needs.
Protein powder is also extremely versatile, and apart from typically mixing it with water, milk, or non-dairy substitutes, it could also be added to a host of other ingredients. Protein powder has become popular for supercharging your smoothies or adding them to baked goods for extra protein intake.
If you would like to reduce body fat and maintain lean muscle, the Slender Wonder Protein Plus Shake is the perfect addition to your healthy diet.