For many people, the year has gotten off to a roaring start, and just like that, it’s almost the end of January, and you’re wondering where this month has gone! Either way, now is a wonderful time to set personal goals and commit to small changes that can make a big difference.
It’s not about setting huge goals that seem intimidating or scary, it’s about committing to small changes that you stick to consistency. If you get 1% better and stronger each day, just think of where you’ll be in a year’s time!
Here are 5 simple ways to improve your health this year:
- Plan your meals and shop accordingly. Regardless of whether you are on Slender Wonder, a maintenance plan or simply planning to eat healthily, the best way to control what you eat is to plan ahead and shop accordingly. This way, meal-time will never seem like a struggle and the temptation to opt for take-aways or indulge in junk food will be greatly reduced.
- Set goals for your water intake and find ways to reach these. For example, if you travel to work every day and would like to drink 1,5 litres in working hours, treat yourself to a giant water bottle that accommodates this quantity. There is an abundance of options available. If you work from home, put a bottle with your goal intake on your desk. The Slender Wonder water enhancers also make water absolutely delicious and help make water tasty!
- Make your exercise regime part of your schedule and keep it manageable. Diarize when you plan to exercise at times that fit into your lifestyle. Nobody can go from zero to seven workouts per day. Start moderately and build up from there. These are appointments for a better you. Plus, walking, running, swimming, gym or even hiking buddies are excellent motivators, and help to make workouts fun!
- Plan your annual proactive health checks ahead. When last did you go for your eye test, mammogram, dental check-up, or Diabetes check if this runs in your family? We all have different proactive health interventions that work for us, and if you try do them all at once, it can seem overwhelming. Sometimes planning to do one per quarter, for instance, makes these a lot more manageable. By the end of the year, you’ll have completed them all and get to enjoy the festive season knowing that you’ve completed a full cycle!
- Leverage any medical aid points scheme you are eligible for and check for regular updates. Almost all medical aids now have various lifestyle and health incentives that are designed to reward you for living a healthy life in various ways. They also generally add new benefits frequently that one is not aware of. When last did you visit your medical aid’s website to check your latest benefits?
Nobody is going to take responsibility for your health except you, and it’s all in your hands. Let’s make 2022 your healthiest year yet!