It is hard to resist the promise of fast weight loss, which is what makes so many quick-fix/fad diets sound so appealing. But what makes the difference between fad diets and medical weight loss programmes is the long-term success and failure.
When it comes to fad diets, while you may initially lose some weight, most often once you go off the diet, it is more likely picked again if not more. They also tend to be quite restrictive limiting the types of foods you are allowed while drastically reducing calories which in the end is not sustainable. Some have been found to be dangerous as you are not consuming the right amount of calories to support your body’s most basic energy needs as well as risking the development of vitamin and mineral deficiencies which can lead to loss of muscle mass, electrolyte imbalance as well as weak bones.
Whereas medical weight loss programs work. Every patient is unique and one needs to go beyond the one-size fits all approach. Medical weight loss provides guidance, meal planning, and recommendation which help you make the necessary lifestyle modifications that can easily be incorporated into your day-to-day life. Through this approach, you not only lose weight but learn how to keep it off in the long term.
- Promises a quick fix to reach your ideal weight.
- Certain foods or combinations of food are promoted and being the end-all answer
- Imply that food can detox your body and change your body chemistry
- Sever restrictions on certain food groups
- Strict rules about when and what you should be eating
- Makes claims founded on a single study or testimonial
- Can make it difficult to lose weight in the future as your metabolic rate is affected and your body becomes more prone to weight gain.
- Side effects
- Muscle weakness
- Bowel issues
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
Medical Weight Loss – Slender Wonder
- Based on you and your weight loss goals
- Targets the root cause of weight gain
- Sets you up for long-term success
- Balanced eating plan
- Learn if you have any medical-related conditions which can be a contributor to your weight gain
- Helps establish healthy eating habits
- Identifies challenges such as emotional eating
- Helps change bad habits into good habits for long-lasting success
- Support from a caring team and community
- Overweight and obesity are treated as medical conditions
- Focuses on the loss of unhealthy abdominal fat and general weight loss
- Addresses physical and emotional challenges
- Secondary weight is addressed
Slender Wonder is a medical weight loss program where the cause of being overweight or suffering from obesity is focused on and not just subdues the symptoms. There are multiple factors that make the Slender Wonder programme successful in providing long-term results. Even reducing your body weight by 5% already increases the health benefits associated with weight loss.
Weight loss doctors and specialists developed the Slender Wonder medical weight loss programme to encourage healthy weight loss which is maintainable. There is no magic pill when it comes to weight loss and many individuals find themselves trapped in unhealthy extremes which promise quick results which are often not maintainable. If you think about it, you did not gain weight overnight so losing weight just as quickly is unlikely and many crash diets don’t work.