Winter isn’t everyone’s favourite season. Days become shorter, nights longer and the cold has you wanting to nibble on anything your fingers can find to “comfort” your cold self. You crave warm foods, desserts & hot chocolate and you feel it comforts you when eating or drinking these foods.
Comfort eating in winter leads to uncomfortable summers and this is why we would like to remind you “summer and healthy bodies are made and maintained in winter”. If you eat clean during the winter months the “you” summer will be ever so grateful that the winter “you” pushed through saying no to comfort food.
So what do you do when the nasty cravings for comfort food knocks on your stomach?
Hera are a few Slender Wonder tips for you:
- Hot chocolate craving? Heat your Slender Wonder Protein Plus shake up in the morning and you have a similar hot chocolate effect.
- Warm foods: We have several recipes in the Slender Wonder recipe books that will ease your “comfort food” craving.
- It has been shown that when you crave something that by brushing your teeth the craving will settle.
- Warm your apple in the microwave, add cinnamon & sweetener for a pudding effect.
- Get moving: Try going for a walk, yoga or Pilates. This will not only benefit your health but also improve your weight loss and speed up your metabolism.
- Exercise your mind: winter is the perfect time to learn something new. Start a new course, challenge yourself with crossword puzzles or Sudoku and catch up on some reading.
- Try a new hobby, knitting, cycling on the weekends, painting, horse riding, and learn how to play an instrument or repurpose old furniture.
- Most importantly; keep busy to keep your mind off of food.
- Always make sure you are well hydrated, drink 2 – 3 litres of water per day. Often dehydration can set off cravings.
- Get enough sleep as sometimes fatigue can also cause you to have cravings.
Reward yourself at the end of winter with a new outfit to go with your new body that is ready for summer.
Beat the winter blues and prove to yourself that you can maximise your weight loss efforts during winter too.