As we wave farewell to 2022 and enter the New Year there are bound to be a few things we decide to change for the better. For some, it is to take more time for themselves, read more books, spend more time with their families, or live a healthier lifestyle.
So, is your New Year’s resolution to lose weight? If it is, then this article is perfect for you!
How to Lose Weight in January?
We all know there isn’t some big secret to losing weight. It’s all about living a healthy lifestyle; however, this can be hard to actualise as you return from holiday and are faced with the stress of work and getting back into a routine. Therefore, what you really need is motivation and determination. Here are a few ways that you can help yourself pick up a healthy lifestyle in January.
- Meal Prep: Perhaps you had a little more take-out over December, enjoyed hanging out at a restaurant with friends, and cooked large, comforting dishes with your family. Taking some time over the weekend to meal prep your food for the week to come will help you stick to your meal plan and reduce the urge to eat junk food.
- Ready-Made Meals: If the stress of returning to work and getting back into your busy routine is too much for you, stocking up on some healthy ready-made meals might be the answer. These meals are balanced and will ensure that you do not overeat. It will also help reduce or can even replace your meal prep time. This will help you get used to smaller portions and healthy food until you can find the strength to cook and meal prep once more.
- Pick Up a New Activity: If you were getting really bored with your workout routine towards the end of last year, and are dreading getting back to the gym, the answer might be a new activity. Try a new sport, exercise routine, or class. This will make getting back into exercise exciting and something that you look forward to!
- Try a Sober Challenge: You might have found yourself indulging in a few cocktails over the December holidays. While this isn’t detrimental, alcohol does contribute to weight gain. Try to do a sober challenge over the month of January to kickstart your health journey for 2023. You’ll be surprised by how much more energy you will have!
- A Goals Diary: Investing in a diary with daily fitness and health goals can help you stay motivated. After all, what is better than checking something off of a to-do list?
Realising Your New Year Weight Loss Challenge
If you need more help than the tips we have given above, then perhaps you should consider joining Slender Wonder. We have a delicious, nutritious, and healthy meal plan that will help you shed that December weight. We will also hold your hand every step of the way, encouraging and helping you reach your health goals. When you join Slender Wonder you will receive advice from a medical practitioner that will ensure you are living a healthy lifestyle that does not feel restrictive.
Contact us at Slender Wonder to start your year of health and weight loss.