Image credit: Total Shape
Losing weight on your own can be exceptionally difficult; there is a lot of pressure to try out the next best diet, and what’s worked for that one colleague just isn’t helping your jeans fit quite like how they used to. Getting help from a weight loss clinic is a brilliant idea, because they will scrutinise your needs and provide you with a personalised lifestyle change that will suit your preferences, your needs, and your body type.
What is a Weight Loss Clinic?
A weight loss clinic focuses on the causes of excess fat, and guides clients towards the right lifestyle for their optimum weight and health. Medical weight loss clinics understand that obesity is a medical condition, and should be treated as such.
A weight loss clinic helps:
- to support you by achieving a level of balance that leads you to become a holistically healthy individual
- to address the physical and emotional challenges throughout the lifestyle change
- to avoid secondary weight gain
Choosing a Weight Loss Clinic
A good choice for a medical weight loss clinic is one that:
- is accredited
- provides support and guidance throughout (and after) your journey to achieve your goals
- is conveniently close to you, so you can check in regularly with them
- gives you options so that you aren’t limited to rigid eating plans that you may not necessarily enjoy (leading to giving up)
Slender Wonder Medical Weight Loss Clinics
We have premises located all over South Africa, so finding a medical weight loss doctor near you will be simple. Our programme consists of five phases:
Weight Loss Phase: Follow the Simeon B meal plan for 4 or 6 weeks. The Simeon B meal plan is in the Slender Wonder Book given to patients on commencement of the Slender Wonder Weight Loss Programme.
Slender Wonder Activate can be followed if prescribed by your doctor. Slender Wonder Activate is for patients who have been on the programme for a long period. On completion of the 4 or 6 weeks of following the Simeon B meal plan, you will then follow the Go Moderate meal plan for 2 weeks. The Go Moderate meal plan is also in the Slender Wonder Book patients receive.
Stabilisation Phase: After you have reached your goal weight, you have to follow the stabilisation-eating plan.
Maintenance Phase: This phase ensures you maintain a healthy lifestyle going forward.
For more information on our medical weight loss programme, give us a call!