Everyone that’s been on a diet knows that alcohol is usually not included on the grocery list. Although alcohol is never recommended, people still feel the need to indulge every now and then. The problem with these indulgences is that we tend to order the most fun and fruity cocktail on the menu, and those are mostly just sugar. Having more than one of these drinks can really add up in terms of calorie intake, and have no nutritional value.
This article will guide you on how to balance your lifestyle, to still include an occasional cocktail without destroying all your progress.
What Is the Best Alcohol to Drink on a Diet?
So, how do you determine which alcohol to drink in order to achieve your lifestyle goals? Should you concentrate just on the calories in a drink or on the ingredients in the drink itself? Or both? Don’t worry if you’re puzzled; that’s why Slender Wonder compiled the following list of the best low-calorie alcohol and better-for-you drinks.
- Gin Martini: There’s a reason why James Bond looks like he seemingly never ages. A gin martini with two olives contains almost no carbs or sugar and will serve you well if you are trying to lose weight.
- Red Wine: An apple a day that keeps the doctor away, but a glass of wine now and then can help too! Red wine, containing an average of 123 calories per glass, can also boost cardiovascular health.
- Vodka, Cucumber, Mint and Lime: A refreshing drink with no added sugary mixes. Combine muddled mint and cucumber, fresh lime juice, and vodka for this drink.
What Is the Lowest Calorie Alcoholic Drink?
Although we recommend cutting out alcohol from your lifestyle while on a diet, this is not realistic in the long run. So for future reference, here’s a breakdown of one shot of each type of alcohol’s calorie information:
- Vodka: 97 calories (0 carbs, 0 sugar)
- Whiskey: 105 calories (.03 grams of carbs per 30ml, .03 grams of sugar per 30ml)
- Tequila: 105 calories (0 carbs, 0 sugar)
- Gin: 110 calories (0 carbs, 0 sugar)
- Champagne: One 120ml glass contains 90 calories (3 carbs, 1 sugar)
- Wine: One 150ml glass of wine contains 123 calories (4 carbs, 1 sugar)
If you’re ready to start your health journey, contact Slender Wonder, for a tried and trusted medical weight loss program!